To become a center for education, research and partnerships at postgraduate level in the field of superior Inter-religious Studies, which is respected internationally and remains deeply rooted locally
- To create an interdisciplinary, inter-religious dialogue between scholars from different religious, academic and cultural backgrounds in the study of religion.
- To educate Indonesian and international teachers, leaders and scholars of religion to be skilled in cross-disciplinary and inter-religious communication.
- To produce outstanding research and publications those promote inter-religious understanding of the role of religions in the world.
- To promote international cooperation between universities and maintain international standards of academic excellence and fiscal responsibility.
- To develop Indonesian resources that support national and international reconciliation, justice and peace.