INDONESIAN CONSORTIUM FOR RELIGIOUS STUDIES (ICRS)
PH.D. PROGRAM IN INTER-RELIGIOUS STUDIES (S3 IRS)
2021-2022 APPLICATION PROCEDURES (First Semester)
1. Admission Schedule
26 April - 17 May 2021
Documents Submission to UGM Website Portal (um.ugm.ac.id) -- First Phase
31 May - 06 July 2021
|Documents Submission to UGM Website Portal (um.ugm.ac.id) -- Second Phase |
|Until 04 June 2021 ||Admission Process (documents review and interview) -- Phase 1 |
Until 16 July 2021
Admission Process (documents review and interview) -- Phase 2
11 June 2021
Announcement of Acceptance -- First Phase
26 July 2021
Announcement of Acceptance -- Second Phase
16 August 2021
Beginning First Semester Academic Year 2021-2022
*For more information related to admission schedule, please visit ugm.id/AdmissionSchedule
2. Admission Procedures
- Applicants must pay a non-refundable application fee of IDR 750.000,00 for Indonesian Applicants or USD 100 for Foreign Applicants. Payments should be transferred as follows:
Please visit: um.ugm.ac.id
Please transfer to:
Account Name: ICRS-Yogya
Account Number: 0200329695
Bank BNI 46, Branch Gadjah Mada University.
Jl. Persatuan No. 1 Bulaksumur, Yogyakarta
SWIFT Code: BNINIDJAXXX
- Applicants go to http://um.ugm.ac.id and fill out the online application form.
(NOTE: ICRS is listed as INTER-RELIGIOUS STUDIES).
- To be considered, All Applicants should:
- Fill out in English an ICRS application form that includes writing a 1-2 page personal statement and a brief research proposal (no more than 4.000 words). See the application form for more detail, which is available by request to email@example.com
- Submit complete validated copies of official diplomas and transcripts from all institutions of higher education that you have attended. For their second degree (S2), applicants should have a grade point average (GPA or IPK) of at least 3.25. In light of different grading standards of different institutions we will consider applicants whose Master GPA is 3.25 or above on a 4.0 scale, however our target is to receive applicants with a GPA above 3.4.
- (Foreign Applicants from other than Native English Speaking Countries should submit institutional or international TOEFL scores). Indonesian Applicants: Submit Institutional (ITP) or International TOEFL scores of at least 527 from UGM or other official language centers; please go to http://um.ugm.ac.id to see a list of approved centers. (Note that TOEFL scores from other than the listed centers will not be accepted by UGM). The TOEFL scores must be less than two years old. TOEFL requirements may be substituted with equivalent scores from IELTS (6 = 527).
- (INDONESIAN ONLY) submit a score of PAPS (Tes Potensi Akademik Pascasarjana) at least 500 from a certified center (Bappenas, PLTI and PAPs UGM).
- Applicants from Native English Speaking Countries are not required to submit TOEFL scores. However, they are encouraged (not required) to submit recent scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or a similar standardized test from their native country.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from professors/associate professors who are qualified to evaluate your academic achievements and potential.
- Applicants who intend to focus their study on textual research must show their competence in at least one of the relevant language(s) of their chosen research (eg. Arabic, Greek, Hebrew, Sanskrit, Pali, old Javanese, etc.). Applicants may petition to have another scriptural language included to fulfill this requirement.
- Applicants for an ICRS scholarship must fill out a separate financial aid form that must be submitted along with the application.
- For all applicants, please visit http://um.ugm.ac.id for more information. You also have to upload all your documents to UGM website (http://um.ugm.ac.id).
3. Document Submission
- Please make sure that you already fill out and complete all the necessary documents before submitting your application form in http://um.ugm.ac.id.
- You must also send the soft-file of your application to firstname.lastname@example.org (a pdf format is preferable).
- Applicants will be notified if an interview is needed.
- Late applications will not be considered.
4. Notification of Admission Result
- Notification will be available online at http://um.ugm.ac.id
- Successful applicants are encouraged to be a full-time students residing in Yogyakarta for at least the first two years, or until they complete their Comprehensive Examinations.
- Foreign applicants who are accepted should immediately contact ICRS International Scholar Host (email@example.com) to arrange their visa and arrival at Yogyakarta.
5. Further Information and Contact
Hendrikus Paulus Kaunang, M.A. (Erich)
Academic & Media Coordinator
Phone: +62 274 562 570
Fax.: +62 274 562 570
Mobile & Whatsapp: 081226027678